February 6

Island of the Blue Dolphins

Our class just finished reading Island of the Blue Dolphins. This is one of my favorite novels to read with students.  There are so many life skills we learn about as we read each chapter.  We learn how to cope with sorrow, overcome hardship through courage, being resourceful, and that forgiveness brings peace.  The students were excited to find out how Karana left the island, but disappointed that the book ended.  We will learn a little more about the woman whom the book is based, and complete a couple of writing assignments.

Our next adventure will lead us through the California missions, and then along the Oregon Trail.

Until next time…

Posted February 6, 2016 by tahaboush in category Uncategorized
Mrs. Haboush

2 thoughts on “Island of the Blue Dolphins

1. cheyennes1110

Hey the project we have done with the Island of the Blue Dolphins it was amazing and I hope you liked it to it was a great book and my sister Hailey is going to read the second book of the Island of the Blue Dolphins I hope she can tell me a little about it and I will report it to you if you want

Reply
  2. cheyennes1110

Hey the book we have read on the Island of the Blue Dolphins was a great book and my sister Hailey is going to read the second book so I will report it to you if you want me to

Reply